Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We had an awesome three day weekend, but we do not have one picture to prove it! So, I will just have to tell you about it. First, Friday night we had Jake's friend party for his birthday. Think lots of cologne, a preteen movie, hot dogs, hamburgers, chips, sodas, and pretend movie making. Seriously, they have already embarked on making videos. I think I was in high school when my friends and I were making Debbie Gibson music videos. We had 4 boys over for the fun and to spend the night, it was fun. Addie had her first basketball game of the new season on Friday also. They did great and she played well. Some fast breaks, jump balls, and a basket. Saturday brought two more basketball games. Jake's game went good, but they lost. He was still asleep from the late night before, but managed to find a few moments of aggressiveness. Max played right after and had a great debut game. He scored at least 12 points and played awesome. He stole the ball more times than I could count. Then, we went to a friends birthday party and they all had fun playing football. Of course, Addie was right in there with all the boys. Later we went to get Addie's friend to go to church with us and then she spent the night. Sunday we played at home and then went to Max's baseball. That evening, we played tennis. I let Trey win. Trey had to work on Monday, but the kids and I had a great time running errands and getting flu shots. OK, maybe they didn't have fun getting the shots, but no tears and no screams. I am so thankful for my sweet family and I loved getting extra time with them. I hate running errands and shopping alone, so I love having them along. We really had a great weekend.

No comments: