Sunday, January 11, 2009




Our Jake turned 11 this past Friday. I cannot believe that it has been 11 years since I first saw him! As all moms, I remember everything that happened the day I delivered him. I had been very sick and on bedrest. I had been struggling with pre-eclampsia and my blood pressure was very high. On January 9, my due date, I went to see my Dr. and my blood pressure was 220/100. They sent me right to the hospital and started treatment for the high blood pressure. I couldn't have the lights on or the TV turned. Thinking back, I think that was the last time I would lay in silence! Jake was born at 6:23 and our lives changed forever. He has brought so much joy and love into our lives. Trey and I love this boy so much and cannot imagine life without him. He is such a smart, sweet, and fun son. More importantly, he is our brother in Christ. We just love him so much. Of course, that means that he sometimes falls prey to our silly jokes. For his birthday, all he wanted was an Ipod. He was sure he was getting one and he was. However, we had to pick on him a little. We wrapped up an old Precious Moments figurine and gave it to him. This first picture is his reaction to the fake gift. He really tried to be nice about it, but the tears were building up, so we brought out the real gift. The next picture is the joy and relief he felt when he saw the Ipod!

No comments: