Friday, May 29, 2009

Road Trip

Last weekend we went on a scouting trip with Trey. He usually takes one of his former players with him, but they couldn't make it. So, we took advantage of a free trip! Jake helped Trey scout by keeping a scouting report on one of the teams and Max helped by letting Trey know what he thought of all the players. Jake did a great job and Max really knows a lot about baseball, too. Addie and I watched and enjoyed getting away for a few days. We also ate at some good restaurants, went to the movies, and visited my sweet granny. The school provided a car, and I do mean a car. We are used to an SUV, so this took some getting used to. Actually, on the way home, I think the car began to shrink. Everyone was getting closer and louder. But, the kids really did well despite sitting right next to each other. We decided to play 20 questions about an hour out from Amarillo. Playing 20 questions with Max is interesting! Here is an example of one of his turns.

Here are some clues we learned while asking him questions:
It is something made of copper
It was a gift
It is not in the USA
Someone made it
Do you know what it is???

I bet you didn't guess the Liberty Bell. Neither did we since he said it was not in the USA. However, that was the answer. He said it is in Philadelphia, not America. Jake informed Max that Philadelphia is in Pennsylvania and that is in the USA. Oh my, we spent 20 minutes on asking questions and guessing that. We also made note that maybe we needed to work on Max's knowledge of the 50 states.

Here is another conversation between the kids:
Addie (playing Nintendogs): my dog has ticks
Max: my dog had tittens, too

How about one more:
Max (playing 20 questions): it is a pacific kind of monkey
Us: It is from the pacific?
Max: No, it is a pacific one
Us: what???
Then we realized he meant a specific kind of monkey

We had a great time spending time together, laughing, swimming, watching baseball. I love my family!

No comments: